33rd Superior Days Issues
- Exposition Districts, Better City Superior & Eau Claire – ExpoDistrict_2018
- Increase County Forest Payment In Lieu of Taxes – PILT_2018
- Medicaid Rates for Nursing Homes – MedicaidNursingHomes_2018
- Water Resource Protection, Shoreland Zoning, Local Control – WaterResourceProtection_2018
- Wisconsin DNR: North Country Trail Connection to Lake Superior Trail – NCT_2018
- Public Service Commission: Nemadji Energy Center – PSC_Nemadji_2018
- Public Service Commission: Smart Energy Tech for Transmission Lines – PSC_SmartEnergy_2018
- Public Service Commission: Broadband and Legacy Carriers – PSC_Broadband_2018
- Wisconsin DOT: Expanded Public Transportation – WisDOT_PublicTransit_2018
- Veterans Affairs: Thank You, and Requested Changes – DVA_ThankYouRequestedChanges_2018
Results from October 25, 2018 Issues Identification Meeting:
- Potential Legislative Issues Identified on 102517-updated112817
- Potential Agency Issues Identified on 102517-updated112817
- Issues Identified on 102517 – Participants
December 4, 2018 Issues Identification Meeting:
The issues committee met on Monday, December 4th. 23 Superior Days delegates and interested community members were in attendance. Mayor Jim Paine led the group through a process, which first struck any issues that did not meet the Superior Days 3-part “acid test,” or issues sponsors wished to pull.
Following the meeting, 10 potential legislative issues have been identified (first linked document below). This list needs to be narrowed to approximately 5-issues by the end of December. Issues that receive full write-ups, and legislative sponsorship will receive top priority for the final legislative lobbying agenda. The second linked document, includes the status of all issues brainstormed at the January issues identification meeting.
- 2018 SD Legislative Issues – Consideration for Agenda – 120417
- 2018 SD Legislative Issues – All Proposed Issue Status – 120417
16 agency issues were also identified, across eight (8) agencies. The final adoption of agency issues will depend on the sponsor submitting a written issue statement. The first linked document below lists the 16 identified agency issues, and the second document provides the status for each issue that was brainstormed in October.
- 2018 SD Agency Issues – Consideration for Agenda – 120417
- 2018 SD Agency Issues – All Proposed Issue Status – 120417
Legislative and Agency issue sponsors have been given direction, and asked to respond with issue write-ups and other actions to advance the issue by December 31. A final list of issues that will comprise the 2018 Superior Days lobbying agenda will be published around the first week of January, 2018.
Updates on Issues Process for 2018
Updated list of agency issues as of 12/12/2017 (some issues pulled by sponsors): Agency Issues Identified – updated 121217